In the modern world, data plays a crucial role in the growth and prosperity of the business. But collecting a good amount of the dataset is useless if organizations cannot make the most out of it. And this is where business intelligence software comes in. Are you thinking about implementing a platform that can help you gain beneficial and relevant insight from your data, and then this article is for you. We will discuss all the information you want to know about Power BI. Let’s dive in.
What is Power BI?
- Microsoft Power BI is the collective term for a set of cloud-based applications and services that help organizations collect, manage, and interpret data from various resources.
- It can serve many purposes. Firstly it uses charts and graphs that are visually appealing and easy to process to gather data, then processes it and turns it into intelligible insights.
- It helps users create and share the complete picture of their business performance.
- Moreover, Power BI connects to different data sources such as basic Excel spreadsheets to databases, cloud, and on-premise apps.
- You can use it as a desktop app called Power BI Desktop, online software as a Service (SaaS) called Power BI Service or a Power BI mobile application that runs on phones and tablets.
- Since Power BI is a part of Microsoft Excel, it’s not difficult for an Excel user to use Power BI. So anyone who knows how to use Excel can work with Power BI. But remember that Power BI is powerful.
What does Power BI do?
Microsoft Power BI creates reports and analytics based on business data which helps in data analysis. It can connect to different data sets and organize the information you provide to interpret it. After that, the reports and graphs you create from this data can be shared with other users.
Power BI allows the users to analyze the past and present and helps them predict the future. Since it builds with machine learning capabilities, you can recognize patterns in the data and use them to forecast the future and run what-if scenarios. It enables users to prepare themselves for future demands.
Who uses Power BI?
The intelligence products are typically for business analysts and data scientists, and the business intelligence professionals use this software. However, it’s extremely user-friendly nature makes experts to other people in the organization.
But its usage depends on your role. Power BI can create custom dashboards based on relevant data and information you need to access
Business intelligence professionals use Power BI to create reports and data models and share them throughout the organization. However, not all businesses need to support continuous data transfer, so Power BI is also used as a self-service tool by various business units to track progress and get insights into how your team is performing.
But to use this software user must go through Power BI training. For this, they can choose Power BI courses, and as the training ends, they are ready to conquer the tech world.
Power BI versions
There is a variety of Power BI versions that you can select based on your need, deployment method, and budget. So there is a wide range that includes different options like free to premium, lightweight to fully-featured, allowing users to pick the version that best suits their needs.
Power BI Desktop: free, designed for small to medium-sized businesses.
Power BI Service
Power BI Pro: Paid per-user license with a basic set of features.
Power BI Premium: licenses by scale, designed for large enterprises.
Power BI Mobile: designed for tablets and phones.
Power BI Embedded: for independent software vendors to embed it in their apps.
Power BI Report Server: On-premise version of Power bi Desktop app, designed for businesses that need to store their data and reports on their servers.
Requirement for Training
So that was all about Microsoft Power BI. It is the best tool that has taken business intelligence to the next level. Power BI training allows the organization to understand business operations and performance, do the data analysis correctly, and make decisions based on real-world data.
Here comes your miracle. Data Bear offers you Power BI courses and training with a highly intellectual team. They will teach you how to use Power BI and access your data in no time. Stop dreaming and get in touch with Data Bear hurriedly.