Chikmagalur is a hill station that is situated in the Mullayanagiri foothills in the state of Karnataka. With various tours package and opting for an advanced booking inresorts of Chikmagalur you can enjoy a great trip. The place is surrounded by some mesmerizing beauty spots. Due to the enormous production of coffee this place is referred to as coffee land in Karnataka.
The place offers magnificent views and is the base for several wild animals. No wonders to the fact that this destination is famous among the adventure and nature lovers. Even the place boasts of some famous trekking spots. Let us explore some of the famous tourist places in Chikmagalur
- Mullayanagiri peak- Situated in the Chandra Drona Range, it attracts adventure lovers the entire year. The altitude of the peak is around 2000 metres and the peak has amazing nature trails. It is surrounded by flora and is the highest peak in the city of Karnataka. While trekking there are some breath-taking views from the top of this peak. A visitor may enjoy camping along with hiking when they are trekking here. The distance from the city is 22 km.
- Baba BundanGiri- it is a renowned peak and a popular tourist destination that derives its name from a Muslim saint Baba Budan. It also goes by the name of Chandra DronaParvatha and there are 3 caves that are considered pious. The best part about these peaks is that they are covered in greenery and there are numerous varieties of flowers. The place is known for its amazing forest range and people indulge in hiking and trekking along this natural trails. For the adventure freaks this is one of the best places to visit when you are in Chikmagalur
- Kallathirigi falls- It is one of the pulsating water falls in the city of Karnataka. One of the focal points of this waterfall is that there a temple between the falls. that attracts a lot of devotees. The surrounding of the fall is full of green beauty that also provides natural trekking trails. For a thrilling experience you can enjoy camping. The distance from the city centre is 53 km.
- Bhadra wildlife sanctuary- If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city life this place is a perfect one for the nature lovers. This is spread over an area of 490 acres and with rich flora has the highest percentage of tigers. The place is also the home for rare species and boasts of wild animals like boar or deer. You can climb up the Kallathagiri Mountain to catch a mesmerizing view from the top.
- Hirekolale lake- It is one of the man-made reservoir an rated to among the top scenic spots in Karnataka. It overlooks the panorama of mountains situated on the western Ghats this place not one to be missed. The place provides stunning views during the sunset. It is also a delight to a photographer who are looking to add on to their collection of clicks. The best part about this lake is that you can visit it all throughout the year and there is no entry fee to visit this place. When you are visiting this place carry a sufficient stock of edible items as there are not a lot of eateries around the lake.
- Mahatama Gandhi Park- If you are looking for a pleasant walk with your loved ones then this is the place to visit. The little ones can enjoy the toy train as you can prepare for a delightful walk around the park, catch some amazing clicks and enjoy the musical fountain. The park promises to be an excellent family gateway and you can have a great time with your loved ones. The kids can also enjoy several rides like boating gaming with a lot of things to do in the park
- Coffee museum- You may explore the coffee museum and understand in details about the coffee plantations of India. It falls under the coffee board of India and showcases various maps and documents which depicts the coffee culture of India. You can obtain complete information about the coffee making process from plucking to the powdering of the coffee leaves.
- Sharadambha temple- This happens to be a 8th century magnificent temple and is devoted to the wisdom goddess. Based on Hindu mythology the place had been a practice spot for the great Shankaracharya. It is one of the major attractions of Chikmagalur and it has to be stated that it is a divine place of the state. A lot of parents bring their kids here to seek blessings from the lord of wisdom. In the temple there is a gold sculpture of the goddess that was earlier made from sandalwood.
- KodandaRamaswamy temple- Situated near the banks of the river Tungabhadra, this is a temple that is dedicated to Lord Rama. The main sectum of the temple has pictures of the lord along with his brother and Sita. One of the striking features of this idol is that it is carved on a single rock. The major festival that is celebrated here is Ram Navami and attracts devotes from all over the country. The distance of the temple from the city centre is around 4 km
- Jhari waterfall- It is also referred to as butterfly falls. No doubts to the fact it is one of the best places to visit with your loved ones. The place is surrounded by coffee plantations. One of the interesting facts about this waterfall is that it is formed from the springs emerging in the mountains. You can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and enjoy the best of nature. There is a pool formed below the waterfalls where the tourists can take a dip and enjoy.
So from the above discussion Chikmagalur turns out to be a natures paradise. The best part about the place is that it enjoys a cool and pleasant weather throughout the year.