Contact lens is safe for eyewear as long as you follow the proper instruction and take a good care of it. However, there are some risks if you don’t use contact lens in a proper way. In most cases, it can blur your vision or the worst case, it can even cause blindness. The most important thing you need to keep in mind while using contact lens is to keep the cleanliness in order to protect your sight. If you purchase the contact lenses online, make sure you do it in a trusted online shop as well. Below, we will tell you why it’s essential to take care of your contact lens properly and how to do it.
How to Take Care of Contact Lens?
1. Always wash your hands and dry it properly before putting your contact lens to your eyes.
2. Clean your contact lens gently and frequently by rubbing it with your fingers and rise it perfectly.
3. Clean your contact lens storage after use, and keep it open and dry while it’s not in used. Remember to replace it with the new one every 3 months or sooner.
4. Use the products recommended by doctors to clean your contact lens.
5. Even if you don’t use the lens every day, make sure to replace the solution with the new one to store it.
6. Don’t use contact lens when you want to go swimming or entering a hot tub.
What Are the Risks of Not Taking a Good Care of Your Contact Lens?
1. Keratitis is one of the most well-known diseases when you don’t take care of your contact lens. The symptom is when your cornea becomes infected. Sometimes, it can hurt the cornea and affect your vision.
2. The habit of not washing hands and dry it properly before putting and taking off contact lens can make the contact lens dirty and cause itching, redness, discomfort, and bacteria issue.
3. Serious problems might also occur if you fall asleep or even nap without removing your contact lens, and in some cases it can even lead to vision loss.